According to the Cannonica Visitatio, written in the late 1600s, the ruined church of Damascus stood in the castle. After the Ottoman times, it was not until the last third of the 18th century that a new stone church was built at the crossroads of the road to Somb and Mariánostra. The building materials of this church were used in the construction of our present Roman Catholic Church of the Queen of the Rosary, built by the Luczenbacher family in 1861. The single nave church still retains its neo-Gothic character, the nave has a cantilevered vault, with a painting in the centre depicting the visit of the Virgin Mary, and is contemporary with the church.
plebaniaszob@gmail.com
http://www.szobiplebania.hu/ipolydamasd/